HubSpot helps clients reach their full potential by maximizing customer service and communication.
If you’ve read about online business, then you know how difficult it is to create something big without word of mouth.
Their affiliate program allows you to sell marketing packages for a decent commission.
The HubSpot affiliate membership offers high payments, excellent customer service, and 90-day tracking cookies. With over 15,000 marketing resources, you’ll be able to tailor your ads to your customers’ needs. They’re always on top of trends, so you’ll be the first to know about any changes.
Throughout this review, you’ll learn all about the HubSpot affiliate program, including:
- Whether or not it’s worth your time (with pros and cons)
- How you can optimize your commissions
- The simple step-by-step sign-up process
Related Post: How To Choose A Niche For Affiliate Marketing?
Pros of the HubSpot Affiliate Program
If you’re able to work your way through the marketing side of the internet, then the HubSpot affiliate program should be on your list.
Whether you’re trying to make a full-time income or supplement your current income, it’s a top choice for many entrepreneurs.
There are countless benefits of this program, all of which will be covered.
Here’s a list of reasons that you should join HubSpot’s affiliate membership:
- HubSpot offers massive commission rates between $250 to $1,000. HubSpot mentions that they have three tiers of commission: The Starter Package grants you $250, The Professional Package pays you $500, and The Enterprise Package offers a commission rate of $1,000.
- There’s a long-term 90-day tracking cookie. The industry standard is 30 days, so having a 90-day tracking period is as good as it gets. A tracking cookie is generated when someone clicks on your affiliate link. They have 90 days to make a purchase for you to make a commission.
- You’ll receive everything that you need to know about the program for free. They have thousands of resources, tutorials, FAQ answers, and other online materials. You’ll never have to feel like you’re going into the program blindly. Their guides get you up to speed so you can start making money quickly.
- HubSpot teaches you with one-on-one videos. Rather than having to read everything online, you can watch their helpful videos. They have one-on-one services with HubSpot gurus that show you the in’s and out’s of the program. You can become a marketing master for your readers in a few short days.
- There’s a thriving affiliate community and a customer service team that listens. With thousands of affiliate members, HubSpot allows everyone to communicate for better sales tactics. This service is free since it benefits both parties involved. You’ll make more commissions, and they’ll get more customers.
As you can see, there are more than enough excuses to head over to their site and start applying.
However, it’s important that you know both sides of the story before you agree to the terms of service. In the next section, we’ll discuss the disadvantages of this high-end affiliate program.
Cons of the HubSpot Affiliate Program
Just like any other affiliate membership, you can’t expect perfection. It’s unlikely that you’ll become an overnight success story. It’s not the richest program, even though they offer such high commission rates. Many industries offer similar rates, but all of them don’t have too many sales.
These are the five cons of the HubSpot program:
- It’s a tricky industry to get involved in. You have to know a lot about marketing if you want any chance of getting paid. If it was easy, why wouldn’t everyone try to make thousands of dollars per sale? You need to remain dedicated and be able to push past the competition.
- There’s a ton of competition in the HubSpot community. While everyone’s out to help each other, there’s a sense that they want to secure every sale. You’ll have to be smart about making more customers satisfied vs. asking for help whenever you need it. Search other forums before asking someone in the community.
- Customer cancellations within 60 days won’t pay you. AAFKO states that anyone who cancels their membership within 60 days of the initial transaction voids the commission. This procedure is designed to protect HubSpot from losing money. You’ll be paid after 60 days, so you won’t have to owe any money.
- International transactions don’t get you paid. If you sell a package to someone outside of your country, you’re not going to see a dime. They have to go through your affiliate link to make a purchase, but it’ll redirect them to their country’s page. In other words, you’ll have a click register, but not the transaction.
- You only earn commissions on brand-new customer transactions. If the person who clicks your link already has a membership, you won’t get anything from it. Some people like to click the link to get upgrades to their account. Speaking of which, you won’t get paid if they upgrade down the road.
- These cons might not be a big deal to you. It’s impossible to expect every program to work out every detail, especially since it already offers so much. The good news is that the disadvantages don’t outshine the pros mentioned above.
If you want to know whether or not the program is worth your time, proceed to the next section.
Is It Worth Your Time?
Now that you know all of the pros and cons, it’s up for you to decide if you should give it a shot.
Most people who’ve joined the program enjoy it because one sale is enough to make a big dent.
Even if you generate the smallest commission, you can make $250. One sale per week can make a big difference in your monthly bills!
Consider these questions if you’re interested:
- Are you driven and knowledgeable when it comes to online marketing? Many users claim that there are long lead times with this program. If you want to succeed, you need to have long-term business partnerships with a lot of clients. You need to know everything about HubSpot, online marketing, and why they go hand-in-hand. This simple tip will allow your customers to get what they want out of the program.
- Do you have at least five hours per week to work with HubSpot? Since you have to work with the previously mentioned lengthy lead times, you should set aside at least five hours per week. That doesn’t include the time that you’ll have to dedicate for blogging, emailing, and so on. It’s a bit of a time sink for some people, but just one sale per week will make it $50 per hour.
- Is your website generating traffic in the niche? If you’re not getting at least a few thousand unique visitors per month, then you’ll have a hard time earning anything from HubSpot. The sales are few and far between since the packages cost thousands of dollars. You shouldn’t expect to make much money unless you get more than 10,000 visitors per month.
After you’ve answered these questions, you’ll be able to determine if HubSpot’s affiliate program is a good choice.
If you’re willing to push past the cons and you’ve considered everything above, then you’re almost ready to make the commitment. However, there’s something that you should know first.
Related Post: How To Get Traffic For Your Affiliate Marketing
What Should You Know About the HubSpot Affiliate Program?
HubSpot is very transparent about everything that you need to know about their affiliate business partnership.
They don’t try to hide anything, even in their lengthy terms of service. You’ll find that all of the information is there for you to read, but many people don’t want to take the time.
Fortunately, you’ll find a quick breakdown of three must-know topics below.
- You don’t need to be a HubSpot customer to become an affiliate. A lot of people don’t know that they don’t have to be a subscriber to join the HubSpot affiliate program. They charge a lot of money to subscribe, so it would be far too expensive if they wanted every member to sign up. All you have to do is follow the steps in the next section to start your partnership.
- There are several strict rules to follow. Prosociate goes into detail about the various rules that HubSpot expects its affiliates to follow. You’re not allowed to claim that someone could get rich or make any unrealistic statements about the company. Furthermore, you can’t say that you’re a HubSpot partner or alter their logo to fit your website. HubSpot has all of the rules listed in their terms of service.
- The interface is very user-friendly. It’s super easy to use the HubSpot program, even if you’re not too familiar with affiliate marketing. There’s no doubt that you need a little bit of experience, but as long as you know about general marketing tactics, their user interface handles the rest. Track your statistics to stay on top of the game.
You’re caught up with everything about HubSpot and its programs. From the high commission rates to the long-lasting tracking cookies (and the unfortunate 60-day no-pay return window), you’re informed enough to make the decision. If you’re ready to join the program and start earning a commission, read on.
How to Join the HubSpot Affiliate Partnership
Thankfully, HubSpot made it fairly easy for you to sign up for their program.
The only downside of the process is that it can take a little while to get approved. They have to sift through all of the applications to ensure there aren’t any scammers. A lot of people apply since it pays so much money.
Without further ado, here’s how you can join HubSpot’s affiliate program:
- Create a business email (if you don’t already have one). It’s a good idea to make business emails a habit. There’s no need to have a bunch of personal files or spam going into the account. Once you make this email (or if you had one previously), you can provide it to HubSpot via their application page.
- Input your personal information. Your name, country, and a few other details are required to join the program. Again, this info proves that you’re not a scammer, but it also lets them generate codes and personalized emails for you. It’s nothing that you wouldn’t be asked by any other affiliate system.
- Provide details about your website. You’ll have to supply HubSpot with your website, its niche, and how many viewers you get per month. This information allows them to find out if you’re going to generate enough sales to make it worth their time (and yours). Note: Don’t lie about the traffic; it can be verified.
- Wait for the approval process to complete. It might take a few days, but you’ll be able to study the program while you wait for a response. HubSpot has plenty of free information available online that you can check out. You’ll be one step closer to earning more commission if you stay educated on the system.
- Start posting links and communicating with your readers. Once you’re approved, it’s time to get to work. Don’t waste too much time. It’s crucial that you start advertising HubSpot to your email subscribers and followers on your website. The sooner you start advertising, the sooner you’ll earn money.
Signing up is only one step of the process. If you’ve never done affiliate marketing or you’re looking for some assistance, you’ll need to check out the following subheading.
Some of the tips are basic, but people of all experience levels can learn something.
Check Out A Complete List Of My Favorite Affiliate Programs
How to Use the Program
HubSpot is pretty straight forward with their instructions. It’s one of the easiest programs to navigate thanks to their heavy assistance program.
There’s a lot of valuable information that you’ll be able to carry over to other affiliate partnerships. That being said, if you’re new, then it’s good to have an idea of what you’re getting yourself into.
- Review the free HubSpot marketing tools. As mentioned throughout this page, HubSpot has thousands of helpful pieces. You can check out the videos, contact customer support, review the analytics tabs, and more. Everything you need to stay on top of your work is provided free of charge. Even if you’re experienced, it’s wise to review everything before you start posting links.
- Generate free links and banners. When you feel that you have a good grasp of how the program works, it’s time to start generating links. It might sound complicated, but all you have to do is click ‘Generate Affiliate Link,’ and you’ll be able to sell them on your website. You can do the same for banners, though HubSpot is always changing their affiliate linking strategies.
- Communicate with forum members. Although the community is competitive (for many high-paying reasons), plenty of people are willing to help beginners. If you’re confused and can’t find the answers, reach out to various forums to find assistance. If you’re lost after a few searches, feel free to contact HubSpot’s customer support team.
Learning the ropes isn’t too tough. However, it’s fun to learn everything before you get caught in a bad situation.
As long as you know the rules and practice professional linking tactics, you won’t have to worry about getting banned or suspended. There are many more helpful money-making tips awaiting you below!
Check Out My Completely Free High Ticket Affiliate Marketing Training
Can You Increase Your Earnings?
Fortunately, HubSpot prides itself on being a no-cap commission-based system. In short, you won’t be limited in the amount of money that you can earn as an affiliate.
As long as someone clicks on your link, you have the potential to earn unlimited income.
There are plenty of ways to maximize your profits and convince readers to make purchases more often.
Try these tips if you want to make extra cash through HubSpot:
- Create related web pages on your site. Make informative posts that detail everything about each tier of the program. Explain why they should want to join. If you’re asking someone to spend up to $75,000 or more per year (Source: Hubspot), then you should give them everything they need to know.
- Make an email list to provide valuable information to your customers. Email lists are known as some of the best marketing tactics on the internet. You’ll be sending emails that give free info about HubSpot and other marketing bits. Make sure that you’re not trying to force a sale in every email. Follow the 4-to-1 ratio (Sale-to-non-sale emails).
- Recognize long lead times and take advantage of established relationships. Being able to make a long-term relationship with a client will generate repeat customers. You might not be able to earn more money from them, but they’ll recommend friends to you down the road. Spend days, weeks, or months communicating with each of them.
- Create social media accounts for your website. Social media is the king of content these days. It’s free unless you decide to invest in ads. Make posts that you can share with relevant audiences every day of the week. You shouldn’t spend more than an hour per day on social media for your website.
- Outsource blog posts and focus on the customers. If you have a bit of extra cash on the side, you can outsource your blog posts. Aim for two posts per week that relate to business marketing. You can pay someone $15/1000 words on websites like Upwork. They’ll create the content while you help to turn readers into buyers.
These tips should help you make additional income, but nothing beats dedication. You should realize that it’s going to take 6 to 12 months to see results.
Your keywords have to rank in the search engines, and you’ll need enough time to develop business relationships. The sooner you start, the sooner you’ll be able to see results.
Related Post: AliExpress Affiliate Program Review – Is It Worth It?
Is HubSpot the Best Option?
HubSpot is unique in the sense that it offers high commission rates for top-notch marketing services. However, it’s far from the only affiliate program in the niche.
There are many competitors, including Salesforce, Marketo, and Zoho. Let’s compare all of these programs with HubSpot to see which is the best.
HubSpot vs. Salesforce’s Affiliate Membership
When it comes to HubSpot vs. Salesforce, most marketers would agree that HubSpot takes the cake. Salesforce is a service that’s very similar to HubSpot, but they have incredibly strict affiliate rules. For example, if you don’t generate a bare minimum of $25,000 in the first year, you’ll be let go.
Furthermore, Salesforce doesn’t tell you their commission rates. They’ll contact you via email or a phone call and discuss the payments. They’re one of the very few companies that operate this way. Nevertheless, if you have a high-traffic website, it doesn’t hurt to make a page or two for Salesforce to see if you make $25,000 for them in 365 days.
HubSpot vs. Marketo’s Affiliate Partnership
Another competitor of HubSpot is Adobe Marketo. It’s not as well-known as HubSpot, but there’s no doubt that it could be on the rise. Anything made by Adobe manages to become a top competitor in any industry. Marketo currently offers a 30% commission rate, which is about how much you’ll make from similar programs.
Much like Salesforce, Marketo isn’t as good as HubSpot. It’s hard to beat a program that offers so much money per sale while also providing thousands of resources. Nevertheless, it’s worth trying for a couple of months to see if you can generate a bit of income.
HubSpot vs. Zoho’s Affiliate Program
Zoho is a fierce competitor simply because they don’t charge a lot of money. Customers are much more likely to spend $360 per year than $75,000. However, many people would claim that it’s a different market. You’ll earn 15% per sale on your Zoho sales, but they’re not the same customers who’d buy HubSpot’s products.
Companies that spend thousands of dollars on marketing would reach for HubSpot instead of Zoho. Individuals who want to have a bit of assistance for their marketing would go to Zoho. Signing up for both programs is the best choice, but if you had to choose one, HubSpot would be the way to go.
As you can see, HubSpot is a top contender in the niche market. Their commission rates are hard to beat. On top of that, they are transparent with their rates, how long you will be on board, and who can make purchases. You’ll have the longest cookie timers without worrying about losing potential clients.
Related Post: SFI Affiliate Center Review – Is It Legit?
Frequently Asked Questions
If you haven’t found all of the answers you are looking for, then you’re in luck. This section is dedicated to answering the common and uncommon questions that everyone has when signing up for HubSpot’s affiliate program.
- What is the payment threshold? According to Digital Fodder, HubSpot will pay you for each transaction. You don’t have to wait until a certain day of the month since every sale is at least $250. All you have to do is let the 60-day return policy wear off to make your commission.
- Do you need a website to join the HubSpot affiliate program? Yes, you need to have a domain if you want to become a member. HubSpot needs to know that you have a dedicated source of traffic. Relying on social media and forums is not enough to make it worth the time for either party.
- How can you get paid from HubSpot? The best payment option is PayPal. You don’t have to worry about losing money through bank transfer fees. It takes a few days, but it is quicker than anything else. HubSpot also allows bank accounts and checks for payment methods, but only in specific countries.
- Do you earn a commission for every transaction? You’ll earn money for any of the three aforementioned tiers, but only if the person who clicked the link didn’t already have it in their virtual shopping cart. There are two additional tiers that are budget-friendly options that do not offer commissions or affiliate links.
These questions and answers should have cleared any doubts you had about the partnership. HubSpot is a worthwhile program if you follow all of the steps found throughout this article.
Stay updated with HubSpot’s marketing tips and keep an eye on the analytics page to know how your readers interact with the links. Remember that it is a long-term commitment, not a get-rich-quick scheme.
Want Access To The Best Affiliate Marketing Course & 1 on 1 Mentorship at no additional Charge? Get It Here!
HubSpot is an excellent company with an even better affiliate program. If you are interested in putting in hard work for success, then you will love it. It’s not for those who don’t have time or dedication. The commissions are high, which means you’ll be working with high-end clients who have tons of questions.
Here’s a quick recap of the post:
- HubSpot offers a commission range from $250 to $1,000 per sale.
- You’ll enjoy the 90-day tracking cookie on all link clicks.
- HubSpot doesn’t send payments until 60 days after the transaction.
- They have over 15,000 helpful resources for you to learn about online marketing.
- It’s one of the best affiliate programs in the industry.