Affiliate marketing newbies tend towards the popular Amazon Associate Program, unaware of other affiliate marketing networks. ClickBank is one lesser-known but highly lucrative affiliate marketing network with a global presence. So, how do you get started as a ClickBank affiliate?
To get started with affiliate marketing with Clickbank, you need to sign up and create a profile. You can then choose the products you wish to promote from the Clickbank Marketplace. Then you can embark on building an audience as you promote the products on your affiliate website.
Proper execution is the key to affiliate marketing success, and so you need to get it right from the get-go.
Read on to find out more about Clickbank, discover how to get started and how w to get started, and grow your affiliate income with ClickBank Affiliate Marketplace.
Related Post: What Is High Ticket Affiliate Marketing?
What Is ClickBank?
ClickBank is a leading global retailer of digital products such as e-books, courses, videos, and software, and doubles as an affiliate marketplace. The platform links entrepreneurs looking to tap the power of affiliate marketing with affiliate marketers.
ClickBank is a privately held company founded in 1998, and in its two decades of existence, it has risen to become one of North America’s largest internet retailers. By 2014, the platform had more than 6 million clients spread over 200 countries and boasts more than 1.5 registered affiliate marketers.
ClickBank has paid out more than $4.2 billion in affiliate marketing commissions to affiliates in its network to date.
As an eCommerce site for digital entrepreneurs, ClickBank lets content creators add their products to their marketplace. The platform then manages the sales and checkout process.
ClickBank also exposes the products to affiliate marketers, and they promote them on their sites.
Joining ClickBank Affiliate Marketplace
Joining ClickBank is free of charge and involves a simple sign up process.
Create a Free Account
To create a free account, follow these steps:
- Visit ClickBank.com and click Create Account to open the signup page.
- Enter the necessary information, including name, phone number, email, and password.
- Read and review the client contract.
- Click the Accept Terms and Conditions button.
- Click Join ClickBank to finish the first phase of the signup process.
Create Your Client Profile
To create your profile, follow these steps:
- Click Complete My profile.
- Fill in the required information – first and last name, email address, home address, phone number, street address, and country.
- Provide your financial information. Enter your Payee name and Tax ID. Only US-based affiliates must provide Tax ID since ClickBank issues 1099 forms to US citizens earning more than $600 annually. Tax ID can be an EIN or your Social Security number.
- Save the information
Create an Account Nickname
To create an account name, follow these steps:
- Click the Create Account tab on the panel on the left of the screen. Doing so opens the Manage Account Nicknames page.
- Click the Create Account button. There are three primary accounts on ClickBank – Vendor (sellers), Affiliate (promoters), and a combination account (sellers and promoters).
- Enter your choice of Nickname and click Proceed. Doing so creates an account associated with your email address. You can have more than one account if promoting a diverse range of products.
Add Payment Information
To add payment information, follow these steps:
- Click the Account tab on the tab on the left side of the screen. Doing so opens the Manage Account Nicknames page.
- Click on your account’s Nickname to open a new tab. Skip the training promotion so you can complete the signup process.
- Locate and click the Account Setting tab to open the My Account page.
- Locate the Payment Information box and click the Edit hyperlink to open the Payment Editor page.
- Enter your financial information, including payment method, payment threshold, and frequency.
- Click the Save Changes button to update your information.
You’re now ready to start making bank with the ClickBank Affiliate marketplace.
Related Post: How To Get Traffic For Affiliate Marketing – The First Step To Success
Finding Success as a ClickBank Affiliate
It’s best to keep in mind that affiliate marketing is a highly competitive space with tens of thousands of affiliate marketers. At any one time, ClickBank has more than 100,000 affiliate marketers jostling for space on the internet.
However, that shouldn’t dissuade your quest to join the growing number of internet marketers profiteering off the platform. Instead, it should underpin the need to set up your business for success right from the start.
Here’s a step-by-step guide that will vault you towards the success you crave as a ClickBank Affiliate.
Pick a Great Niche
Rushing to pick a product before choosing a niche amounts to putting the cart before the horse and can lead to sounding defeat. New affiliate marketers manage to shoot themselves in the foot by focusing on a particular product or set of products.
To avoid this trap, you should focus your efforts on picking a niche instead. A niche is the better choice because it is not too specific and will never become obsolete or uncompetitive, unlike products that fall in and out of fashion.
But what’s a niche? It refers to a distinct segment of the market, such as a demographic group, people with specific needs, or a psychographic group.
A niche offers you tons of marketing opportunities, which helps to boost your earning potential.
Pick a Lucrative Niche in ClickBank
Choosing the right niche right off the bat underlies your affiliate marketing success and your ability to make money. It also builds your confidence in your ability to market and sell products online.
All niches have desires, wants, and needs to be met and fulfilled and problems and challenges to be solved. However, some niches generate more revenues than others.
Here are some characteristics of a profitable niche:
- It has a large audience. You’re likely to sell more items and make more money when serving a larger audience. It also increases the chance of making cross-sells and upsells.
- Centers around a need. The best niches focus on solving a perpetual problem while allowing you to cater to the market needs with a variety of products.
- It addresses an emotional need. Stepping in to solve a pressing problem for a desperate market always leads to booming sales. Emotions factor when people purchase things, and you can turn that in your favor.
- Spends money. People love splurging generously on certain items without a second thought. Zeroing on such products is key to your affiliate marketing success.
Choose Your Platform
Once you’ve picked your niche, it’s time to build a platform that allows you to communicate with potential customers. The platform is a home base that will enable you to build an audience by wowing them with your subject knowledge and expertise.
Building a self-hosted website is the best way to go about this step since it puts you firmly in control over your business. It entails getting your own web hosting and designing the website. You can use a free theme, buy a premium theme, or code the website from scratch.
WordPress is the most popular content managing system in the affiliate marketing scene since it is geared towards written content such as blog posts and product reviews.
Build Your Audience
On average, affiliate marketing conversion rates range between 0.5 to 1%. That means you need to build a substantial audience to generate livable income from your affiliate site.
Building a large audience translates into having a larger pool of prospects who can readily convert into customers. Displaying subject matter expertise is the fastest and most effective way to build an online audience.
Populating your website with premium content laden with helpful advice builds your brand’s reputation, credibility, and trust. People will want to hear your thoughts and ideas about the subject and are willing to get on your mailing list.
Establishing a credible presence on the various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, also helps.
Promote the Products
Most affiliate marketers have trouble making sales because they don’t take the time to build relationships with their audience. Building authority, trust, and credibility with your readers help turn prospects into sales.
People are more likely to follow your recommendation if they view you as a credible subject matter expert. Luckily, there are many ways to help promote products and convert your web visitors into sales.
In addition to filling your site with superior helpful content, including buyers guides, product comparison, product reviews, and how-to guides, consider:
- Diversifying your traffic sources
- Building an email list
- Running social media campaigns
- Using video marketing
- Building marketing funnels
- Segregating your readers
- Creating a marketing strategy
It’s best to customize your marketing efforts to suit the products you’re promoting and the target audience.
Check Out my completely Free High Ticket Affiliate Marketing Training
ClickBank is a leading affiliate marketplace that doubles up as an eCommerce store for digital products. The platform carries thousands of products that affiliate marketers can promote on their websites.
Signing up on ClickBank is free of charge, and it takes only a few minutes to create a profile. The site has a global presence and accepts affiliate marketers from across the globe.
- ClickBank: How do I get started as a ClickBank affiliate?
- ClickBank: How do I sign up for a ClickBank account?
- ClickBank: Getting Started With Your ClickBank Account
- Niche Pursuits: How To Make Money With Clickbank [in 2021]: $500 a day?
- Investopedia: How to Make Money With ClickBank
- ZDNet: ClickBank’s e-commerce proposition for time-challenged digital entrepreneurs
- Blogpress: How To Pick a Great Niche